Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-20-2019, 09:29 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax me super light meter

Hi guys hoping someone can help. The light meter is not working. Camera repair centre looked at it and said voltage is getting to circuitry board. However they also noted that its draing batteries very very fast. They didnt know what the issue was apart from a full board replace. They did say they used to have an old now retired tech who used to fix things like this but the new tech had no idea. Any one else had something lile this?

08-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What camera is it?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Historically the whole main circuit board would be replaced. None of the components of the circuit board were sold separately. Maybe the shutter/meter switch is corroded or something. My guess is that whoever looked at the camera checked that. If that switch isn't working, the meter won't turn on and the shutter won't fire. If the switch works, that takes you to the main circuit board.
08-20-2019, 10:18 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Poniatowski Quote
Hi guys hoping someone can help. The light meter is not working. Camera repair centre looked at it and said voltage is getting to circuitry board. However they also noted that its draing batteries very very fast. They didnt know what the issue was apart from a full board replace. They did say they used to have an old now retired tech who used to fix things like this but the new tech had no idea. Any one else had something lile this?
I wouldn't spend money on a fix if the problem requires it. Electronics is a weak point. Circuit boards crack, dirt or corrosion can cause shorts. My ME Super meter works just fine, but doesn't talk to the shutter so the camera fires at a fixed speed. Get a solid mechanical camera, they are worth fixing and seem better built than many of the automatics. The insides of the ME Super seem flimsy and I think the old ME was better made (my opinion)
Try a Spotmatic, MX, KX KM or even a K1000 that once serviced may well last a lifetime.