Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-13-2019, 09:45 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Return of the Super-A

The Super-A was my first Pentax and for a long time was easily my favourite. I traded it to buy my Z-1 way back when, but missed it so much I bought another and then a Motordrive-A (this was my favourite combo). More recently I've been more interested in mechanical cameras and the Super-A became unloved. I won't sell it because it's a very smart looking camera, has a wonderful shutter 'zip' sound and paired with the Motordrive-A is a very handleable piece of kit. I have tried to sell the few A series lenses I have without success (I've got FA equivalents of them).

Last night I was going through my 'stuff to trade' pile and my A28/2.8 & A50/1.7 popped into view. I'd forgotten how good the Super-A looks with an A series lens on the front (all black with white lettering). A new set of batteries, the A28 on the front and a new roll of Ektachrome in the back (I used to shoot Kodachrome exclusively back then) and I've been out with it today. The ergonomic grips on the front & back are a huge help compared to the slab sides of the MX & KX and I've really enjoyed shooting with it (despite the annoying LCD info when in manual mode).

It was partly a camera test, partly a lunchtime walk, partly a blast from the past and a hugely enjoyable experience, I still wish it had an exposure lock.

09-13-2019, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please make sure to post some pictures once they get developed!

I'm looking at my P30T here on my desk thinking I need to do the same thing... I'd been meaning to get a roll through it using nothing but my DA 35 2.4 in Program mode.
09-13-2019, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

I have been shooting film this summer. I think 9 rolls so far. I have a P30T and an ME Super. I don't know why but its fun. Nostalgia maybe? I just recently shot my first rolls to be push processed to 3200 iso and it all worked out. So fun developing at home and seeing those images appear on the film. I have a row of color films on the desk in front of me waiting to go in for development.
09-13-2019, 02:22 PM - 4 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
At the beginning of the year my K1 was in for repair, so i ventured forth with MX and Z1. of all my collection of film cameras these two I have actually owned and used from new.

Getting out with a film camera really concentrates the mind making you think about exposure and framing much more carefully. It is a worthy thing to do from time to time.