Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2019, 04:45 AM - 4 Likes   #1

The Pentax ESII: The camera that took rock's most iconic photo

Hello Pentaxians

It's Stephen who runs Kosmo Foto here.

I've recently published a feature on the Pentax ESII, the camera that Pennie Smith used when she shot The Clash in New York - the gig that gave birth to the album cover of 'Lon don Calling'.

I met Pennie in the pit at a Manic Street Preachers show over a decade ago and she was still shooting on the same ESII she'd used that night. That was enough for me to start buying them, and they quickly became my favourite SLR.

Pentax ESII: The camera that captured rock's most iconic photograph - Kosmo Foto

Have six ESIIs now, and a host of SMC Takumars - good enough for Pennie, good enough for me.

Cheers

S

09-28-2019, 07:00 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Already being talked about in this thread - perhaps post your article link there?

The Greatest Rock n' Roll Photograph of All Time? - PentaxForums.com
09-28-2019, 07:19 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Wow, good to hear of film still being used for professional concert photography, especially on such old gear.
Closed Thread