Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2019, 02:34 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Jerry Garcia and a sideways stained glass im I need to dig that out and scan it as it made for a neat shot.
Yes you should! That's be a great shot to see

10-09-2019, 06:13 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I’ve done the “rewind half-way through” with nearly all of my manual wind bodies.

I’ve even done it with the ZX-L since it leaves the tongue out of you ask nicely.

I think I’ve only double-shot a roll twice

-Eric
10-09-2019, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
Could you describe the whole procedure, please?
Let say I shor 10 frames and rewinded the film to the canister, then removed it. After some time I insert the same canister into the camera. What should I do to forward the film to 11th frame?
Here is the MZ-S manual page, describing this function:

Phil.
Attached Images

10-16-2019, 11:49 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pureanalog Quote
how much do they currently go for? with or without the grip?
The MZ-S typically has been selling in the $200-300 range depending on what comes with it, ~200 for just the body and 300 if it comes with a lens & accessories or with the battery grip BG-10. They are hard to find from a US seller, many are offered from Japan. I got mine for $230 plus 40 shipping from a dealer in Japan, body only. The grip usually goes for (or adds to the cost) about $75-100, also hard to find in the US but many from Japan. I got mine from a US seller for about $100 I think.

The lens that was released with the camera, SMC Pentax-FA 24-90mm F3.5-4.5 AL [IF] (2001), is also hard to find outside of Japan, and can cost in the 200-300 range. I have one now, and it is a very nice lens.

Richard.

10-23-2019, 10:14 PM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Here is the MZ-S manual page, describing this function:

Phil.
I’ll add that while the manual says to “add a couple extra frames” to the number to prevent overlapping frames, my MZ-S is accurate enough that I’ve done this a dozen or more times, used the same number, and I can barely see a difference in the size of the gap between frames.

I tested mine four or five times this spring when I got the camera and found it accurate, and I used it that way this past summer when I took it as my main camera to Moscow and St. Petersburg Russia. I was changing between 100, 400, and 1600 speed film without any issues. I just kept a small sharpie in the camera bag, and whenever I removed an incomplete roll I marked it on the tongue of the leader. Some of my rolls had scratched out numbers two or three times and it all worked perfectly,
10-24-2019, 07:56 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by abruzzi Quote
I’ll add that while the manual says to “add a couple extra frames” to the number to prevent overlapping frames, my MZ-S is accurate enough that I’ve done this a dozen or more times, used the same number, and I can barely see a difference in the size of the gap between frames.

I tested mine four or five times this spring when I got the camera and found it accurate, and I used it that way this past summer when I took it as my main camera to Moscow and St. Petersburg Russia. I was changing between 100, 400, and 1600 speed film without any issues. I just kept a small sharpie in the camera bag, and whenever I removed an incomplete roll I marked it on the tongue of the leader. Some of my rolls had scratched out numbers two or three times and it all worked perfectly,
Good to know!

Thanks, Phil.
10-24-2019, 08:37 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I've shot the MZ-S for a good number of years now, off and on, and though I knew it could leave the leader I had no idea it could accurately advance back.
Another reason to hold onto this little electronic gem. It really is one of my favorite handling cameras, but like Wombie noted, rather than switch rolls I'd rather just load another body with a new a roll. But in the field, if needed, this is a great boon.

06-13-2021, 03:31 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My favorite is a close-up shot of Jerry Garcia and a sideways stained glass image.

They didn't match up exactly but the composite image (larger than 35mm was pretty nice looking I need to dig that out and scan it as it made for a neat shot.
Yes you should! That's be a great shot to see.