Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2019, 01:35 PM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
they do, indeed! I used to drill a few small holes in them sort of randomly and fill 'em about halfway with catnip.
Catnip in the film canisters? I like it (and so will our cats)!

11-01-2019, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

I keep one with Trebor Extra-Strong mints in, as the paper packaging is non moisture-proof, and also disintegrates when stuffed into a pocket. I tell people the mints are Horse Tranquilizers ...
11-01-2019, 07:00 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
I keep one with Trebor Extra-Strong mints in, as the paper packaging is non moisture-proof, and also disintegrates when stuffed into a pocket. I tell people the mints are Horse Tranquilizers ...
So where do you keep your horse tranquilizers? Mixing those up would not be a good mistake to make

My daughter likes to make tiny flower vases out of them.

25 or so years ago, as a prank at work, colleagues would invert a can of "canned air" and spray a bit of the cold gas into a canister (Fuji ones worked the best).
Then, they'd snap on the lid, set the canister on the counter, and walk away.
A short period of time later (though hard to predict), the gas would heat up and expand, sending the canister flying across the room with a satisfying "pop!"

That's on the list of things to not do to the significant other...

-Eric
11-02-2019, 04:26 AM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 35mmfilmfan Quote
I keep one with Trebor Extra-Strong mints in
That's a great idea.

11-02-2019, 08:05 PM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
So where do you keep your horse tranquilizers? Mixing those up would not be a good mistake to make

My daughter likes to make tiny flower vases out of them.

25 or so years ago, as a prank at work, colleagues would invert a can of "canned air" and spray a bit of the cold gas into a canister (Fuji ones worked the best).
Then, they'd snap on the lid, set the canister on the counter, and walk away.
A short period of time later (though hard to predict), the gas would heat up and expand, sending the canister flying across the room with a satisfying "pop!"

That's on the list of things to not do to the significant other...

-Eric
Ah, fun with physics!
11-03-2019, 12:50 PM   #36

Photos: Gallery
I have found many uses for them, some legal and some not so much. But they are great for small parts and such. Like they say Don,t leave home without them.