Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2019, 11:48 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Papa_Joe Quote

There was only one manufacturer at all, who sold mainly shutter priority cameras in that time. This was Canon with the AE-1. Most other manufacturers introduced aperture priority as the first auto-mode.
Konica. You've forgotten one of the biggest of all from the time. Quite literally *all* of their SLR offerings as well as their compact RF cameras were shutter-priority. They implemented AE in this way well before (by about a decade) any of the others much followed suit in any meaningful way. Any Konica ***SLR you pick-up from the 60s/70s/80s has shutter-priority AE.

***edit: any Konica Autoreflex SLR (original "Auto Reflex" onward through the "T"s)

Last edited by Eyewanders; 12-18-2019 at 01:54 PM.
12-18-2019, 01:39 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Eyewanders Quote
Konica. You've forgotten one of the biggest of all from the time. Quite literally *all* of their SLR offerings as well as their compact RF cameras were shutter-priority. They implemented AE in this way well before (by about a decade) any of the others much followed suit in any meaningful way. Any Konica SLR you pick-up from the 60s/70s/80s has shutter-priority AE.
This is true of all Konica AR-mount (auto reflex) SLRs but the five F-mount Konica SLRs either were completely manual or completely auto exposure.

The first SLR I ever touched was a Petri, but then in the 8th grade, my teacher lent me his Konica T2 and that was the first SLR that I shot with. This may sound weird, but I can still smell it!

What's the connection between Konica and the OP asking about Pentax film SLRs with shutter priority?
12-18-2019, 01:49 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Somebody brought up the Canon AE-1 and the thread fell apart.

Chinon CP-5 Twin Program will do what the OP wants and it doesn't require A-series or later glass to do so. It's K-mount and it can control the aperture of K's and M's like an A-series. Might be worth considering.
12-18-2019, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
This is true of all Konica AR-mount (auto reflex) SLRs but the five F-mount Konica SLRs either were completely manual or completely auto exposure.

The first SLR I ever touched was a Petri, but then in the 8th grade, my teacher lent me his Konica T2 and that was the first SLR that I shot with. This may sound weird, but I can still smell it!

What's the connection between Konica and the OP asking about Pentax film SLRs with shutter priority?
Correctomundo. I thought I'd typed 'Autoreflex' in that last sentence but I surely did not. Thanks.
No connection at all to the OP's Pentax-specific question; I was only responding to Papa_Joe's post that I quoted.

---------- Post added 12-18-19 at 12:59 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Hahah. I know what you mean. My "real" photo-taking began with the Nikkormat FTN around mid-late 80s. It was originally my dad's bought new. I'd never touched a Konica (that I can remember, though I know there were a couple in my first photography class) other than the compacts, two of which my grandparents had. I picked up an nT3 two years ago a good while after I'd started down the Konishiroku rabbit-hole... the second I picked it up and fired I recognized that Copal Square feel and sound. It was like coming home. (I've since tried to shoot a Nikkormat but I just don't care for them beyond nostalgia, so the T3 sure it a nice bridge for me today.

---------- Post added 12-18-19 at 01:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pres589 Quote
Somebody brought up the Canon AE-1 and the thread fell apart.
Wasn't intended as a derailment, only that the statement "...only one manufacturer at all, who sold mainly shutter priority cameras in that time." was too big/inaccurate (as a Konica lover) to just let stand. Carry on with all PK-ness.