Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Help: K2 spool not moving with advance lever

Hello,

I have a dedicated thread on a K2 I'm trying to restore. But I want to ask here for more visibility. The take up spool is not moving with the advance lever. The shutter cocks and if I move the sprocket gear with my finger, the spool moves.
The rewind knob is not depressed and it "seems" to be working.
Any ideas on how to proceed? Online resources are very hard to come by. I'll I got was a short service manual that really doesn't help much.

Thanks,

12-27-2019, 03:51 AM   #2

I've never taken apart the winding assembly of a flim camera but it sounds like some problem with the clutch assembly not re-engaging. I can't imaging the design for this changed all the much between models of Pentax MF cameras. I would look at all the exploded diagrams and service manuals for Pentax MF cameras that you can find to get a hint of where to look. Probably something simply like lubrication gone gummy.
12-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hello,

I have a dedicated thread on a K2 I'm trying to restore. But I want to ask here for more visibility. The take up spool is not moving with the advance lever. The shutter cocks and if I move the sprocket gear with my finger, the spool moves.
Any ideas on how to proceed? Online resources are very hard to come by. I'll I got was a short service manual that really doesn't help much.

Thanks,
I had that happen with a KX of mine and Eric fixed it. It was a broken take up spool which had to be replaced.

Phil.
12-30-2019, 08:38 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hello,

Thanks,
I have a black K2 with the same issue. I'm not finding anything causing this under the baseplate. What I suspect is something under the top plate winding gears is not engaging...like a spring positioned gear that might not be sliding into position...or something similar...maybe a lose screw blocking something. I haven't taken the top off yet but I plan to. I actually bought this K2 because I have a black one that works perfectly, but is a bit ugly...brassing and dings, etc. I was looking for a clean black body for parts. It turns out the one I got wasn't that much better looking so if I can fix the winding issue I'll just keep it as is.

12-30-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tonyzoc Quote
I haven't taken the top off yet but I plan to. I actually bought this K2 because I have a black one that works perfectly, but is a bit ugly...brassing and dings, etc. I was looking for a clean black body for parts. It turns out the one I got wasn't that much better looking so if I can fix the winding issue I'll just keep it as is.
I have a "parts" black K2 that's in pretty good shape that you can have.

PM me if you want it.

Phil.