Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2020, 03:10 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Asahi Pentax K & Auto-Takumr 35/2.3-with photos

The third model in the Asahi Pentax line, the Pentax K along with the uncommon Auto-Takumar 35mm f/2.3 lens has been added to my M42 mount camera collection. I'm hoping my initial investment of $144 (total including tax and shipping) turns out to be reasonably wise. The camera was very accurately described an pictured by the eBay auction seller , though he made the lens sound far worse than it really is.

Cosmetically, the K is very good for a sixty-two year old camera with minor brassing, a missing screw and some signs of poorly executed mirror cleaning. The viewfinder is reasonably clear and clean, plus the leather covering the body is still nice. The major issue, the shutter is hung-up and I believe it is something in the drive gearing under the mirror box. I'm hoping Eric Hendrickson can repair this one without too much difficulty.

The Auto-Takumar 35mm f2.3 owns a good deal of finish wear from use. The front element has two rather prominent scratches but is otherwise very clean and clear optically. The seller though the aperture was stuck, luckily for me, its not. They didn't know how to trip the pin to close it down. It snaps closed with authority. The only real issue with the lens is stiff, old grease in the focusing helicoid.

Take a look at the pictures of the K with the 35/2.3 and make any comments about possible worth etc.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
01-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That looks to be a very clean example. Mine is also a mint copy but that didn't prevent a shutter curtain strap letting go.
01-17-2020, 04:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The 35 2.3 is a superb lens. Congratulations on your growing collection!
01-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #4
Pentaxian

The Takumar 35/2.3 can do some magic when used wide open that modern lenses can't match. When stopped down it is quite normal.

Here is one I made with my Tak.