Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax ZX-7 and battery life

Hello all;

It has been awhile since I last posted any to these forums. I pulled out all my 35mm film bodies and my lone dslr after a long winters sleep. Decided to check the batteries on both the ZX-7 and ZX-50,

and found that I left the on/off switch to the 'on' position on the ZX-7, again. They were completely dead, and once again I had to buy a another pair for $21.00. I hate it when this happens. These bat

teries are expensive. Just to remind everybody not to make the same mistake I did. This has happened to me three times.

Yet, I must ask anybody on this forum if they made the same mistake I have. I sure it has happened to someone else. The expense does sting.

Oh, yes, I also bought a battery for the digital date back on the Pentax ZX-7 and put it in. Eight dollars and the the result was that the date stopped at 2019. I cannot move the date to 2020. Yet, my

Pentax ZX-50 is showing the date 2020 on the back of the camera. What gives here?

-Stephen

03-09-2020, 02:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxlvr Quote
Hello all;

It has been awhile since I last posted any to these forums. I pulled out all my 35mm film bodies and my lone dslr after a long winters sleep. Decided to check the batteries on both the ZX-7 and ZX-50,

and found that I left the on/off switch to the 'on' position on the ZX-7, again. They were completely dead, and once again I had to buy a another pair for $21.00. I hate it when this happens. These bat

teries are expensive. Just to remind everybody not to make the same mistake I did. This has happened to me three times.

Yet, I must ask anybody on this forum if they made the same mistake I have. I sure it has happened to someone else. The expense does sting.

Oh, yes, I also bought a battery for the digital date back on the Pentax ZX-7 and put it in. Eight dollars and the the result was that the date stopped at 2019. I cannot move the date to 2020. Yet, my

Pentax ZX-50 is showing the date 2020 on the back of the camera. What gives here?

-Stephen
You need the grip for your ZX-7.
Then you can grumble about replacing AAs instead of crazy lithiums

I think I paid about as much for my grip as you just paid for batteries...

-Eric
03-09-2020, 05:37 AM   #3
Pentaxian

The ZX-7 is like Russian roulette. Every shot could be the last one. The plastic gearings of the mirror motor could seize up any time.
03-19-2020, 02:19 PM   #4

Original Poster
ZX-7 and battery life.

Yes, I know about the mirror gear failure, but right now it works. And I am going to use it until it stops working. The same is also true of my ZX-50.

Too add I am seriously thinking of a new digital Pentax body. Which one I have yet to decide.

-Stephen

03-19-2020, 05:13 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxlvr Quote
Yes, I know about the mirror gear failure, but right now it works. And I am going to use it until it stops working. The same is also true of my ZX-50.

Too add I am seriously thinking of a new digital Pentax body. Which one I have yet to decide.

-Stephen
Just get a spare ZX-7 for when that happens... shouldn't cost much...

You really can't go wrong with any of the current bodies for most purposes.
Though there's a new APS-C flagship coming "real soon now" if that is where your interests lie...

-Eric