Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2020, 03:52 AM - 1 Like   #91
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
Not sure you're going to find anything less expensive new unless you can find them used.

LegacyPro Lloyd 35mm Bulk Film Loader | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

Arista 35mm Metal Reloadable Cartridge - 5 pack | Freestyle Photographic Supplies

Arista Changing Bag 27 in. x 30 in. | Freestyle Photographic Supplies.

And then you'll have to buy 100' roll, so you're committed to 20-30 rolls? And then you'll have to DIY processing.
Thanks Alex. I don't think $50 for a loader is that expensive nor are the canisters. As for a changing bag, I use my old black coat with elastic on the ends of the sleeves, tied off neck, and bottom of coat works great. Coat is down filled.

05-13-2020, 07:17 AM   #92
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Fuji used to sell (I don't know after their price bumps) a pretty reasonable 3-pack of 24 exposure rolls of their color films. That helped
Yep and Kodak Gold in 24 exposures as well:

Kodak Gold 200 - 3 x 24 Exp

Not a bad film, I use it for camera "testing" sometimes.

Phil.
05-13-2020, 05:47 PM   #93
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yep and Kodak Gold in 24 exposures as well:

Kodak Gold 200 - 3 x 24 Exp

Not a bad film, I use it for camera "testing" sometimes.

Phil.
That's nice but I'm not planning on shooting color film. I have digital cameras for color.
05-19-2020, 01:47 AM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
That can be a real problem.

I find half-used rolls in cameras all the time. It's really frustrating, too, since a lot of those cameras are old enough to not have meters or ASA markings...

I'll try and place the camera on top of the film box end when I put it away, but I often forget...

Fuji used to sell (I don't know after their price bumps) a pretty reasonable 3-pack of 24 exposure rolls of their color films. That helped

-Eric
You need stick on mini labels on camera and cassette for both count loaded and ASA if you got two loaders and more than one camera... (Not all cameras have slots for film carton tops)

---------- Post added 05-19-20 at 10:01 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
That's nice but I'm not planning on shooting color film. I have digital cameras for color.
If you want to try Eg https://www.foma.cz/en/retropan320 in bulk they can come on a cine film core and you will need to keep the core from a Ilford or Kodak bulk load which fits inside the cine core.
Forms films are cheaper and more rustic in signature!