Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #1

Pentax ME Shutter speed index button stuck ??

Hi everbody

I'm new to this forum and Pentax Film SLR.
My, as the headline reads, Shutter speed index button is stuck ??
Can anybody help me with a DIY solution or point me in direction of one?
Kindly Regards
Niller73

04-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Do you have a copy of the manual?, you can get one here:

Pentax ME instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

I don't know which dial you are referring to, but the one one the right you depress the white button beside the shutter release to turn it. The one on the left you lift to turn it.
Hope this helps.
04-24-2020, 02:43 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Do you have a copy of the manual?, you can get one here:

Pentax ME instruction manual, user manual, PDF manual, free manuals

I don't know which dial you are referring to, but the one one the right you depress the white button beside the shutter release to turn it. The one on the left you lift to turn it.
Hope this helps.
Okay and Thanx! - I will look into it.
Kindly Regards
Niller73
04-25-2020, 04:57 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Niller73 Quote
Shutter speed index button is stuck ??
Sorry, my answer is not that helpful, I skipped over this part above. Did you mean one of the two buttons beside the shutter button?

04-25-2020, 11:38 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi Kevin B123 - It's all right. The problem is solved. It was the little white button, on the shutter button, that was stuck, it got some solvent and that fixed it.
Thank you again for the quick reply.
Cheers
Niller73
04-25-2020, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
This one...
Attached Images

07-19-2021, 11:02 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by Niller73 Quote
This one...
so i'm having a problem. the entire shutter speed index button & ring come off and it looks like there is an additional pin that need to go in before i put them back on, but i can't find that pin anywhere. anyone have any tips?

07-26-2021, 12:38 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dog_clash Quote
so i'm having a problem. the entire shutter speed index button & ring come off and it looks like there is an additional pin that need to go in before i put them back on, but i can't find that pin anywhere. anyone have any tips?
I can't help you given missing parts, but that speed ring coming off is common. The plastic changes shape with age, and becomes loose and falls off. I used dome sticky tape to tighten it by wrapping it around the shaft the ring presses onto. I am not a fan of the ME's due to their inexpensive construction compromises. You may be able to get it to stay in the Auto position permanently though.