Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2020, 06:26 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax KX SLR Shutter Speed mechanism Repair

Hello out there. Does any one have any links to information on repair of the Pentax KX SLR?

Problem is: shutter speed dial rotates and has proper detents but no longer engages any actual changes to the shutter speed. Also, the shutter indicator on the meter / screen won't move below 60, but matches settings higher. I have taken down the camera top and before I start tinkering with the mechanisms, I was hoping for some real technical guidance. I found a good KX exploded parts diagram on line, which helps a little, but no repair guide. As a nice last resort, I guess, I could just buy a working one for comparison!

Jim

Last edited by jpmas; 05-11-2020 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Title corrected
05-11-2020, 06:32 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Moved to Pentax Film SLR Discussion forum

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, kx, pentax, pentax help, photography, repair, shutter, shutter speed mechanism, slr, troubleshooting