Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
03-26-2021, 12:59 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ralea1313 Quote
Thanks for the tips. They still work in 2021
Really helpful, it made my LX work perfectly again!
Glad it worked.
Ac couple of years ago I decided it was time to part with my LX bodies, as they will likely never see use again. As I mentioned earlier, I had them serviced in, it turns out, 2002. They were exercised very infrequently after that. I sold my older two, and they tested fine prior to sale, though I understand that one of them developed some sort of fault that I hadn't seen before during transit. I never did hear back from the new owner as to what the problem was, so I presume it was nothing.
The gold windings on the newer resistors really make a difference. I also have noted that the later rubber used in the seals and bumpers don't seem prone to turning into goo.

09-27-2022, 03:55 PM   #47
Forum Member

These stories of revived LXs almost make me trust taking the plunge!
I have acquired an MX and it’s a great camera, still have thoughts about the LX however. Maybes it’s the removable prism and the idea of Pentax’s best pro body + their amazing glass. Hmm!