Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2020, 10:34 PM   #1

Me Super Stuck Mirror, Bottom Opened, Need Help with Reassembly

Apologies in advance if I am not using the correct terminology. I recently bought my very first 35mm film camera off eBay and running into a few fllm advance, stuck mirror, and re-assembly issues. I watched "Fix Old Cameras: Pentax ME-Super Winding Issues" on YouTube to open up my Me Super. I was able to get the mirror to drop but I am having issues with winding the film advance now. There is a winder catch that is in the way. See photo below. The photo shows the armature removed. Placing it back doesn't seem to clear the winder catcher out of the way. Any help is appreciated!

06-26-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hi and welcome. Your photo isn’t showing up...

-Eric
06-27-2020, 11:11 PM   #3

Original Poster

Can you see this?
06-27-2020, 11:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Hi and welcome. Your photo isn’t showing up...

-Eric
Hey I tried posting the photo again and also uploaded it as a file. Let me know if you can see it now.

06-27-2020, 11:17 PM   #5

Original Poster
Attaching photo as a file with arrow pointing at winder catch.
Attached Images

07-30-2020, 08:02 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by norachang Quote
Attaching photo as a file with arrow pointing at winder catch.
I could be wrong but I believe that lever moves when you depress the shutter button and I believe if you look back towards the back of the camera what are the gears are you'll see something moving there as well I believe is part of the mirror mechanism or shutter release
09-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yeah, I thought I was going to repair cameras after watching that video. One ME Super that would go back together and I started doing business with Eric Henderson.