Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

*ist battery issue

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Tried searching and brings up all the issues with the digital version. However on *ist film body with battery grip only indicates half battery level even after a fresh battery Change. Contacts are clean and I keep my stuff in great condition... Any ideas?

JJ

08-22-2020, 02:51 PM   #2
maw
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jerryleejr Quote
Tried searching and brings up all the issues with the digital version. However on *ist film body with battery grip only indicates half battery level even after a fresh battery Change. Contacts are clean and I keep my stuff in great condition... Any ideas?
Hi jerryleejr

The trouble you're experiencing is typical of alkaline or NIMH batteries (CRV3), they don't hold the charge as much, my advice is to buy a Powerex MH-C9000 charger
(I've had it for ten years and it's one of the best) or as an alternative the Technoline BC 700 (it costs less), Eneloop rechargeable 2500 / 2800 mAh batteries.
In this way you will always have the batteries ready to use, consider for excursions to buy two/three packs of 4 batteries,

"The links refer to Amazon Italy or Europe, please check your favorite store obviously"

Ciao Mario
08-22-2020, 03:29 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your camera specifies CR2 single use Lithium cells. What batteries are you using?

Steve
08-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Your camera specifies CR2 single use Lithium cells. What batteries are you using?

Steve
I’m using the BG20 grip and fresh AA’s

JJ

08-22-2020, 03:54 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I appreciate the attraction of using AA cells, but in this instance, for diagnostic purposes, a couple of CR2s in the camera body might help diagnose whether the camera itself is playing up or if the problem is related to the grip and/or the batteries therein.
Good luck
08-22-2020, 04:32 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Battery for K-x (and other cameras that take AA's) - PentaxForums.com
08-22-2020, 04:48 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Lots of good info thanks,

JJ