Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I keep my all my gear in "Staples" metal cabinets, which come in various sizes. I have three of them and they have adjustable shelves, so I can even store my K1000/8 & trunk in them.

Phil.

Attached Images

09-09-2020, 07:25 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Astro-Baby Quote
On the shelf it looks like the pic
how do you like the zorki 4? is it like a fed? ......would like to get one of them lieca looking RFs at some point......
09-09-2020, 11:22 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
how do you like the zorki 4? is it like a fed? ......would like to get one of them lieca looking RFs at some point......
Never used a FED so cant compare. The Zorki is tricky to use. The rangefinder area is quite small compared to a Konica or Yashica and the VF is akin to a Kodak happy snappy. You have to set shutter speed AFTER winding on or else you can bust the camera and the setting the speed wont be accurate if you set before wind on. The shutter speed numbering is very tiny, hard to see and never aligns accurately with the index which makes the faster speeds where the setting stops are close together a bit hit and miss.

Zorkis are reputed to have very vague shutter speeds and can drift off the stated speed by quite some. Cant say if thats true, when I have eyeballed shots using sunny sixteen rule its always turned the pic out ok.

I almost never use the Zorki as I find it too tough to work with but you could use it to hammer nails in...its built like a tank.
09-10-2020, 01:28 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Looking at the collections shown here, I feel a little unworthy. On the other hand, my own case of LBA and GAS now seems to be fairly mild.

09-10-2020, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Looking at the collections shown here, I feel a little unworthy. On the other hand, my own case of LBA and GAS now seems to be fairly mild.
You will get there with a litte effort and a large amount of dysfunctionality. When I started a few years ago I had just the KX. The bug bit and what you see today is the final end ...well apart from the Minolta SRT303 I am bidding on ...oh and the search for the elusive Pentax MX, oh and almost forgot the Nikon FM2....Damn thought I was cured
09-10-2020, 06:57 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm a little embarrassed of my camera collection.
I store most of my gear in camera bags in my closet.

Chris
09-10-2020, 08:07 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I'm a little embarrassed of my camera collection.
I store most of my gear in camera bags in my closet.

Chris
Would have been a distinct advantage when I was packing to evacuate due to fires over here.

09-10-2020, 12:21 PM   #23
Pentaxian

You will get there with a litte effort and a large amount of dysfunctionality. When I started a few years ago I had just the KX. The bug bit and what you see today is the final end ...well apart from the Minolta SRT303 I am bidding on ...oh and the search for the elusive Pentax MX, oh and almost forgot the Nikon FM2....Damn thought I was cured
Now that you mention it, I do have a nice Minolta SRT303 as well as a broken Pentax MX.
09-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #24
Pentaxian

I almost never use the Zorki as I find it too tough to work with but you could use it to hammer nails in...its built like a tank.
hahaha!! thanks for the great input about it !!
09-10-2020, 08:58 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LesDMess Quote
Would have been a distinct advantage when I was packing to evacuate due to fires over here.

The flood from Superstorm Sandy destroyed our place and all our belongings left behind.
However I did save nearly all of my photo gear by grabbing it when we evacuated.

Chris
09-10-2020, 11:04 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Pentaxian

BBC News - The man who owned 3,000 cameras
The man who owned 3,000 cameras - BBC News
09-11-2020, 02:06 AM - 1 Like   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
The man who owned 3,000 cameras - BBC News
Now he had it super bad....be warned, thats what can happen to YOU if you mess with old cameras.
Thats why I am setting up a foundation to take these off your hands before YOU too become addicted.
09-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Strange thing is that he looks familiar, the story states that he spent time in Vancouver, Canada. I've been to many camera swap meets in Vancouver over the years and I'm sure I've seen him at one.

Phil.
09-15-2020, 05:28 AM - 2 Likes   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well this is a start. Now I need to find some riser to lift the cameras in the back up abit.
Attached Images

09-15-2020, 11:08 AM   #30
Veteran Member

I looked at getting acrylic blocks but they are way expensive. Currently I use some old boxes that watches came in but longer term I am thinking of balsa or polystyrene covered in felt.