Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2020, 11:14 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Here's the thing about electronic failures that service centers claim are irreparable due to lack of parts. Those shops tend to lack the curiosity to do anything other than swap old parts for new parts. I had a Minolta CLE fail, and every shop but one wouldn't touch it as they said the parts are no longer available. I found one tech that was willing to work on it, and he repaired it. Basically he had to go through the entire camera and remove corrosion on every connector that had gradually accumulated over the years. These cameras are 30+ years old after all. This CLE was cosmetically immaculate and it worked great until it stopped working!
I recently had a Leica M5 repaired for a light leak coming through the small RF window. Leica Germany wouldn't touch it as they said no parts. Zacks Camera Repair fixed it by cutting his own felt material to effect the repair.

So perhaps these LXs are repairable. The problem is that you need to find a tech willing to trouble shoot and actually fix, rather than replace parts.

12-22-2020, 01:00 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My LX had an annoying fault where every few exposures were much too long. I assumed it was "sticky mirror syndrome" but it turned out to be something electronic. Robin at Harrow Technical repaired it, and it's worked flawlessly ever since.