Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2021, 07:51 PM   #1

Purchase Pentax 67ii

What's the best way to purchase a 67ii ?

01-17-2021, 10:27 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by swcoff Quote
What's the best way to purchase a 67ii ?
Are you looking for recommendations on where to buy one?

I'd keep an eye on the marketpalce:
The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses - PentaxForums.com

KEH also has them from time to time, though I'm not currently seeing any.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-18-2021, 09:03 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses - PentaxForums.com

I'd like to buy one in near mint condition, but am hesitant to go solely on what the seller says over the internet. A reputable company like KEH or any other reputable company would be great, but it looks like there is an issue with availability with such companies. Thanks much for responding.
01-18-2021, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'd like to buy one in near mint condition, but am hesitant to go solely on what the seller says over the internet. A reputable company like KEH or any other reputable company would be great, but it looks like there is an issue with availability with such companies. Thanks much for responding.
I'd consider buying one in our PentaxForums Marketplace to be a far more reliable place to do so than Ebay or some random "seller on the internet". Definitely worth keeping an eye open here.

01-18-2021, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A mint boxed 67II is likely going to be via eBay with a Japanese seller. I got mine that way and have been totally pleased with the transaction/camera.

Unfortunately the price of a "mint/like new" 67ii has gone up dramatically in the past couple years.

Phil.
01-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

if you are willing to accept " experienced " equipment the forums' marketplace " buy/sell " can be sorted by country

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (United States) - PentaxForums.com

and should you want to, you could post a " wanted item " notice

Wanted Items - PentaxForums.com
01-18-2021, 06:40 PM   #7

Original Poster
Pentax 67ii wanted

Thanks for the feedback.

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 07:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
A mint boxed 67II is likely going to be via eBay with a Japanese seller. I got mine that way and have been totally pleased with the transaction/camera.

Unfortunately the price of a "mint/like new" 67ii has gone up dramatically in the past couple years.

Phil.
Hi Phil, Could you share the name of the Japanese company you dealt with for your 67ii? Thank you.

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 07:45 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
welcome to the forums

you will find friendly members and a lot of knowledge here

if you are willing to accept " experienced " equipment the forums' marketplace " buy/sell " can be sorted by country

The Pentax Marketplace | Buy & Sell Pentax Cameras and Lenses (United States) - PentaxForums.com

and should you want to, you could post a " wanted item " notice

Wanted Items - PentaxForums.com
Thanks for the reply... very helpful.

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 07:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I'd consider buying one in our PentaxForums Marketplace to be a far more reliable place to do so than Ebay or some random "seller on the internet". Definitely worth keeping an eye open here.
Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely keep an eye on the marketplace.

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 07:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look where you suggested.

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 08:25 PM ----------

Phil.
Hi Phil, thanks much for that info. Could you share the name of the company you got yours from?

01-19-2021, 12:54 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Japan Camera Hunter will find what you are after for a price. You're paying for reliability and service for good quality items.

Kameratori.com is the service/resale part of the Finnish Camera Rescue group. They are conservative in their condition ratings.
01-19-2021, 06:59 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Make sure when you receive it that you immedately read the instructions, put the viewfinder on it, add a lens, insert a roll, and develop it promptly.
The film advance and double-exposure slide switch are areas of failure.
Check the spacing between film frames is consistent, and no overlap of frames, and no banding on the frames due to a shutter curtain issue.
Check all buttons/switches etc.
01-19-2021, 09:38 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Phil, thanks much for that info. Could you share the name of the company you got yours from?
It was through this eBay camera store, however it looks like they are not selling anything at the moment:

Based in Japan, fjcamera88 has been an eBay member since Dec 27, 2009

I've had the 67ii camera over seven years now.

There are many other online camera stores in Japan that have a 67ii and they are usually pretty good with item photos, so it's easy to tell what shape the body is in cosmetically.

Phil.
01-20-2021, 09:37 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Japan Camera Hunter will find what you are after for a price. You're paying for reliability and service for good quality items.

Kameratori.com is the service/resale part of the Finnish Camera Rescue group. They are conservative in their condition ratings.
Thanks for the info... much appreciated. I'll check them out.

---------- Post added 01-20-21 at 10:39 AM ----------

It was through this eBay camera store, however it looks like they are not selling anything at the moment:

Based in Japan, fjcamera88 has been an eBay member since Dec 27, 2009

I've had the 67ii camera over seven years now.

There are many other online camera stores in Japan that have a 67ii and they are usually pretty good with item photos, so it's easy to tell what shape the body is in cosmetically.

Phil.
Thanks very much for this information. Japanese reputable companies look like a solid option if one is careful. Really appreciate your information. Thank you.