Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2021, 02:49 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Honeywell Spotmatic F - with motor drive and mirror lock-up (eBay)

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

A peculiar camera has shown up on eBay
Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic SPF | eBay

It seems that this is Spotmatic F with rare motor drive and even rarer mirror lock-up switch (on the other side of the mount than stop down lever)

Are there any estimates of how many such cameras have been made? TBH it's the first time I see a spotmatic with MLU available to buy...

01-31-2021, 03:46 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I just looked at photos of another SPF motor drive and it doesn't have that. I'm guessing it is a special mod to allow higher speed but is just a guess. Well spotted.
01-31-2021, 09:07 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BarneyL Quote
A peculiar camera has shown up on eBay
Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic SPF | eBay

It seems that this is Spotmatic F with rare motor drive and even rarer mirror lock-up switch (on the other side of the mount than stop down lever)

Are there any estimates of how many such cameras have been made? TBH it's the first time I see a spotmatic with MLU available to buy...
MLU is not often seen (or hardly ever?). It is unclear if that is factory fitted or if it was done by Honeywell.

This site mentions the MLU: Screw Mount Oddities
01-31-2021, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

One of those Noctas was for sale for ages. It was too many £££ for me.

01-31-2021, 11:12 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MLU was a Honeywell offered modification. I don't know if Asahi offered it in Japan.
02-01-2021, 09:43 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I kind of want to but not for that price.