Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2021, 06:45 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax MEF Lever Issue

Hi

Dug out my ME F and noticed that when winding the lever to setup the next shot the shutter fires prematurely without me pressing the shutter button and then will keep doing so. Changing the lens seems to fix it and I've noticed this only happens with the 50mm 1.7 M lens attached and not with other lenses I have used.

Would we say this is a problem with the camera or that particular lens?

Tom

02-15-2021, 08:12 AM   #2

An odd one, but given you state it only happens with 1 lens, then yes a lens issue. its probably worth cleaning the mating surfaces particularly on the lens with Isopropy
02-15-2021, 08:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Common issue with the MESuper so I exect this happens in the MEF as well.
Send it for a CLA

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
lens, lever, pentax mef lever, shutter