Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
07-07-2021, 03:16 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Evertking Quote
Ok, yes... YES!!! LOL... It is my scanner. I feel so dumb... What is wrong with the scanner? It's a new Epson v600, still got the plastic on it. Thanks for all the help!!

---------- Post added 07-07-21 at 12:59 AM ----------

Thank you... THANK YOU how do I fix this?
I’ll have a look when I get home. I recall having similar framing issues before I had my V550 set up properly.

07-07-2021, 06:38 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's a steep learning curve!
Always take a deep breath

Slack in film is not such a big deal, as long as the rewind crank turns every so often when you wind you are peachy.
You can always use the rewind crank at the beginning until you feel resistance (yes it's about feel) and lock it down

I'm at my wit's end!!! I taped the button on the bottom the you need for rewind cause I thought maybe I bumped it.. but still slack in the film!! I load it and make sure the "teeth" are catching the film and when shooting I still see it!! I watch the rewind knob as I advance the film and some times it moves and others it does not... It's like there is slack in the film.

What am I doing wrong??? I LOVE THE SETUP... an all black Spotmatic with the 35 f2 HELP PLEASE

I can't help with the scanner part though.
Ok, yes... YES!!! LOL... It is my scanner. I feel so dumb... What is wrong with the scanner? It's a new Epson v600, still got the plastic on it. Thanks for all the help!!

07-07-2021, 01:32 PM   #33

Some old posts on other forums suggest turning off the auto thumbnail function and align the frames manually.

With the examples shown the high contrast vertical lines of the trees are probably being detected as frame boundaries. This may not be a problem with strips with other subject material.
07-09-2021, 02:17 AM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Some old posts on other forums suggest turning off the auto thumbnail function and align the frames manually.
You can set them manually, but it's a lot of stuffing around and is rarely required.

---------- Post added 07-09-21 at 07:20 PM ----------

Are you using Epson Scan 2?

If so, in 'Photo Mode', under 'Thumbnail Options', try changing 'Cropped Area Size' to 'Large'.