Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #1

Pentax LX metering question

Does anyone know if the LX will meter with adapted lenses? Or does it need a lens that engages the aperture prong properly, like every other manual-focus Pentax I've used.

07-20-2021, 10:38 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by infrar3d Quote
Does anyone know if the LX will meter with adapted lenses? Or does it need a lens that engages the aperture prong properly, like every other manual-focus Pentax I've used.
Do you have a copy of the manual? It is available free from the Pentax Manuals site:

Pentax Manuals | Manual Focus

Metering with adapted M42 lenses is the same as for other aperture-priority or manual exposure Pentax film cameras in that the lens must be stopped down for both metering and exposure.

Steve
07-20-2021, 10:53 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for that, Steve. I do have a copy of the manual. I've never used an M42 adapter, and I'm not clear if the LX would also work that way for non-M42 lenses. I'm thinking specifically of my Lensbaby Composer. It doesn't meter with my ME or K1000.
07-20-2021, 01:29 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by infrar3d Quote
Thanks for that, Steve. I do have a copy of the manual. I've never used an M42 adapter, and I'm not clear if the LX would also work that way for non-M42 lenses. I'm thinking specifically of my Lensbaby Composer. It doesn't meter with my ME or K1000.
If you use it in Automatic exposure the camera is metering in real time from the film reflection so it should be an easy operation.

07-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #5

Original Poster
That's what I suspected. Thanks.