Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
08-14-2021, 10:48 AM - 6 Likes   #1

Vintage Magazine Article About Pentax Factory

At the flea market I came across a photography magazine from Japan from the 1960s. Scattered in the silly, pseudo-nudie articles was a short piece about the Asahi factory in Tokyo. Its an interesting glimpse into how the early Pentax SLRs (looks like Spotmatics) were made.

Sharing a photo here. The entire article can be viewed here:

Asahi Pentax Factory 1964 | Flickr

And, hope you will follow me on instagram @dyslexsyk or follow my Flickr account. Film is not dead! And keep Flickr alive!

Attached Images

08-14-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow. Great find! Thank you so much for that, and for the work you took to put it up! I do wish it were any longer, though.

The amused focus on cloth facemasks seems particularly funny given our current times.

Also welcome to the forum.
08-15-2021, 05:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fantastic! the calisthenic exercises on the roof is a classic!
08-15-2021, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wadge22 Quote
Wow. Great find! Thank you so much for that, and for the work you took to put it up! I do wish it were any longer, though.

The amused focus on cloth facemasks seems particularly funny given our current times.

Also welcome to the forum.
Yes-- they specifically show a woman wearing a face mask to "protect the other workers since she is sick". Hmmm... Pentax was way ahead of the times.