Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2021, 02:35 PM   #1

Pentax PZ-70 Mirror

So after getting two completely blank films on my Pentax PZ-70 i noticed when i took my lens off that when i hit the shutter button the mirror doesn't flip up thus the shutter never opens. What is wrong and is it an easy fix?

08-28-2021, 03:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by corgiboobs Quote
So after getting two completely blank films on my Pentax PZ-70 i noticed when i took my lens off that when i hit the shutter button the mirror doesn't flip up thus the shutter never opens. What is wrong and is it an easy fix?
Probably thye gear that moves the mirror is broken.

Easy fix ? Cheaper to buy another camera. Parts are just not available for cameras that old anymore unfortunately.
08-30-2021, 09:42 PM   #3

Not sure if this camera uses the same gear as the MZ/ZX series. If it does use the same gear, while not simple, the replacement is doable depending on your skill set. Lack of parts will be your biggest hurdle on getting it professionally serviced.

NSB-Tekunos in Japan may be able to fix it. The cost of repair and shipping may not be worth it unless the camera has some sentimental value for you.

See the following for more info on NSB-Tekunos
Repair report - good experience with NSB-Tekunos repair - PentaxForums.com
06-12-2022, 07:30 PM   #4

Did anyone ever answer this question? I have a PZ-70 that is doing this same thing however I did notice when I took the lens off and held the body upside down when I triggered it the mirror the mirror would "wiggle". I tried a different battery but not necessarily a fresh one feeling that whatever moved the mirror was not getting enough energy.