Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2021, 06:12 AM   #1

Auto 110 super - advance lever fires shutter

Hello,

I was able to unjam the filma advance lever on an auto 110 super, via some delicate fiddling.
Now the film advance lever works but it charges and fires the shutter each half stroke. It's as if the film advance and shutter cocking mechanisms are out of sync, and/or the film advance is not being blocked when the shutter is fully cocked.
Any advice on how to fix this problem?
Thanks you very much in advance

09-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can download the service manual here: Product Details | Pentax Auto 110 Service Manual | Pentax | Service Manuals | Learn Camera Repair

It may help you.
11-01-2021, 08:20 AM   #3

Hi There, new to this forum, but wanted to add that my Super started doing this just recently also. I have a suspicion (guess at best) it might be the little yellow relay that moves the shutter once the button is pressed but without the technical skills in electronics I can't tell. Unfortunately the only service manuals around the various sites is for the early non super model and the electronics are quite different. I also have a few 110 Autos that I use for spares so I can say the electronics boards are quite different. Problem now seems to be that many people are cashing in on these and working examples of the Super models seem to be $200+ now. So maybe it is worth getting a tech to look at it but, I am not ready to splurge that sort of money yet . And finding anyone familiar with these is probably very hard now, especially in Australia.