11-19-2021, 02:33 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lotech Quote
I don't know what the KM looks like.
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
I love my KM, probably because it feels like the K1000
QuoteOriginally posted by andrewd Quote
One thing that has put me off a Spotmatic F, KM or K1000 is the meter system which is always on
The KM looks like a K1000. In fact the K1000 was exactly a KM with some features removed, most notably the self-timer. It was introduced a year later than the KM as a cheaper version, and soon replaced it. The KM was already the budget camera of the K-Series, being a Spotmatic with the M42 screw mount replaced by the K mount. As the Spotmatics were basically a design of the mid 1960's, the KM and K1000 were already rather dated even when they were launched a decade later, particularly with regard to the metering, but this did not matter to their target market.

11-19-2021, 04:26 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by andrewd Quote
Yes the lever out just gives you a timer for the meter leds (30 seconds from shutter half press I think). With the lever closed the meter leds only come on while the shutter button is half pressed.
Yup, that's what I was working off - either way, in or out, it's never given me an issue just to let others know about left-eye dominance with outwards levers.
11-19-2021, 08:36 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yeah, I run my MX just fine with the lever pushed in.
11-24-2021, 12:47 PM   #34
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Battery is two standard LR44s. The finder is a thing of beauty. Downsides (to some) are (a) lack of mirror lock-up (although there is the "flick the shutter button" trick), (b) the "traffic light LED system for measuring exposure and (c) a stiff shutter speed dial. None of these things have ever bothered me, I've had four (one stolen, one given away, two in use). None have had problems with the shutter curtain. Apart from the one which was stolen a long time ago, I sent all three for a CLA although the only thing that they desperately needed was the foam replacing. My standard travel set-up is my LX for colour film and my MX for BW.
the shutter speed dial is a pain until you do what the manual says and bring the film advance lever about 20 degrees from the body... but then the meter stays on until you lock the shutter release button or put the film advance lever up back against the body