Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Help me repair my repair (Pentax MX), please!

Hello,
recently I acquired a nearly mint MX with only one, but big dent over the prism. It worked perfectly, and I just wanted to take of the top plate to remove the dent.
I didn't get too far, before I changed my mind, but I have probably done something wrong when assembling back the rapid advance lever.
First it didn't work ať all, then the Leverkusen would return but the frame country wouldn't work and then the frame country would work, but the lever wouldn't return when spanned. Finally I managed to fix it, and was happy to go, when, outside in cold weather, the mechanism failed again. At home I repaired it again, and happily noticed that everything worked. Until I took it outside into low temepratures, ehare it failed after a few frames... The frame counter works, but the lever has to be return delikatesy, it doesn't just click back.
Do you have any idea what I do wrong? I noticed the spring underneath and wound it for 3 turns anti-clockwise (if I remember correctly). Maybe it's too much or not enough?
Thanks for your replies and help!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
advance, camera, country, dent, film, frame, lever, mx, pentax help, photography, repair, repair my repair, repair pentax, return, troubleshooting, vintage, wind