Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-25-2021, 01:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Super Program Film Rewind Button Issue

Hi Everyone,

I think my Super Program may have bit the dust. I finished a roll, pressed the film rewind button, rewound the film but didn’t pop open the back door to remove the film until many hours later.

Unfortunately, I’ve just noticed that the film rewind button didn’t pop back out when I finally popped open the back door and the film advance lever no longer “catches” the take-up spool to advance it.

I’ve tried gently moving the little spool with the teeth back and forth to coax the button back out to no avail. I’ve also removed the bottom plate to try to gently prod the button back out, but no luck.

Is there anything that I’m missing or is my trusty Super Program a dead soldier?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have, or for telling me straight that it’s a lost cause.

12-25-2021, 02:34 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Solved the issue! Just needed to advance the film advance lever a bit beyond its usual distance and it latched, returned to its resting position, and the film rewind button popped back out.
12-25-2021, 04:25 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtl_pentaxian Quote
Solved the issue! Just needed to advance the film advance lever a bit beyond its usual distance and it latched, returned to its resting position, and the film rewind button popped back out
Well done, and thanks for reporting on your solution. It has saved you launching the camera and someone else may benefit form your findings.
12-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Solved the issue! Just needed to advance the film advance lever a bit beyond its usual distance and it latched, returned to its resting position, and the film rewind button popped back out.
Mine used to do that fairly often...

To me it's weird when a camera doesn't occasionally do that...

-Eric

12-28-2021, 02:38 PM   #5

My ME Super does this randomly as well, And that was the same as my solution. Definitely threw me for a loop when it happened out on a walk in the forest.
04-16-2023, 03:49 PM   #6

Jut met the same issue. Many thanks for the solution!