Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-12-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spotmatic or batery quirk?

I bought a WeinCell to use in a garage sale Spotmatic 1000, and with battery in the meter ran backwards! SO I flipped the battery over, and now it seems to be reading dead on. Anyone ever hear of this? The battery clearly had a positive marked on the side that is now up.

12-13-2008, 04:52 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yeap!
in the spotties the new batteries must go "backwards"

Try your spottie with a normal battery (SilverOxide) instead of the Wein, it should work equally well and the battery will last for years, instead of weeks
12-14-2008, 03:21 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Just don't forget to make sure that the "Stop Down" button , on the left hand side of the lens, is in the "down" position at all times except when you are sighting up for a photo.
Leave it "up" and the battery, no matter what type it is, will die very quickly, as the light meter will stay "on."
12-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

cool, thanks for this tip.