Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2022, 07:12 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ricoh 500ME light seal questions

Hi, I was hoping somebody could suggest a source for a replacement light seal for a Ricoh 500ME rangefinder. I picked one up a while back on eBay and the seals are toast but it otherwise seems to be in mostly great shape. Thanks for any help!

07-08-2022, 01:04 AM   #2

Jon Goodman has been the go to person for light seal replacement kits for ages but I don'y know if he is still doing them, try emailing him at jon_goodman@yahoo.com. I use 1.0mm foam on my Ricoh 550G camera and I understand that the 500ME uses the same and it is widely available on the 'net, a sheet of 7x5in cost me £4. The seals are easily replaced, albeit a bitt messy to remove the old ones, There are vidoes on the 'net showing how to carry out the replacement and if you can use a ruler and craft knife you should have no problem.
07-08-2022, 06:03 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Old Keith Quote
Jon Goodman has been the go to person for light seal replacement kits for ages but I don'y know if he is still doing them, try emailing him at jon_goodman@yahoo.com. I use 1.0mm foam on my Ricoh 550G camera and I understand that the 500ME uses the same and it is widely available on the 'net, a sheet of 7x5in cost me £4. The seals are easily replaced, albeit a bitt messy to remove the old ones, There are vidoes on the 'net showing how to carry out the replacement and if you can use a ruler and craft knife you should have no problem.
Thanks for the info, very helpful!
07-08-2022, 08:15 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still does them, I order from him frequently.

07-09-2022, 01:00 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Sam_I_am Quote
Still does them, I order from him frequently.
That's good to know but it's possible he may not have light seals for the Ricoh, there is an awful lot of film cameras around and it would be unreasonable to expect him to have seals for them all but 'hope springs eternal' as the saying goes, however, it really is easy to make your own.