Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2022, 08:37 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Super Program can do 1/2 stop exposure compensation

I never noticed this before and always assumed the exposure compensation (EF) on the Super Program (Super A) was fixed at +/- 1 stop increments and felt it was its only weakness. But, as I turn the EF dial slowly, the aperture will change in 1/2 stop increments. I guess it makes sense since the EF uses the same variable resistor that the ISO setting does. I have to check some other bodies like the K2 or ESII so see if the same can be done there.

07-08-2022, 01:57 PM   #2

You can compensate using the ISO dial in 1/3 stop increments. There is no compensation indication in the viewfinder so you have to remember to set it back.
07-08-2022, 07:08 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
You can compensate using the ISO dial in 1/3 stop increments. There is no compensation indication in the viewfinder so you have to remember to set it back.
The Super Program display EF in the viewfinder when it not on 1X, but you don't know specifically what its set to.

07-08-2022, 07:52 PM   #4

If you use the ISO setting for compensation there is no EF indicator.

07-09-2022, 07:22 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
If you use the ISO setting for compensation there is no EF indicator.
Thats correct. I misunderstood your previous post.