Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2022, 07:30 AM   #1

67 repair assistance needed please - Magnet to blame?

Hi all,

I have the issue of the shutter stopping 3/4 of the way up and shutter not firing, like when there is no battery present.

I currently have the camera in bits. I have cleaned all the microswitches and magnet, cleaned and lubed everywhere and it still does it. I have released shutter and mirror independently and no joy.

I have resoldered some poor connections off the pcb to the magnet, and I am getting 6V at the base of the magnet once shutter release is pressed.

Is it possible that the magnet itself has failed? I know this is a common problem so perhaps I am missing something. There are 3 wires going to the magnet, one of which gives 6V once shutter button pressed.

Any help gratefully received.

Many thanks
George

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, film, magnet, pressed, repair assistance, shutter, slr