Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2022, 01:00 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
Oh, yeah, I've got a couple of the vintage straps that I'm really after using, but I've used the Couch straps for years on the digital cameras (since I killed my Domke, now that I think about it).
I think Couch was using that same K1000 model when I bought my first strap from them, probably 15 years ago or so (for my K10). I wonder if it is only a model or if they shoot with it...

I've thrown away the sketchy older straps, where the material looks about to fail or is getting gross, or where the hardware is rusty.
I've noticed that many of them fail in the stitching between the embroidered part and the backing.

I will say none of the film roll holder elastic bands on the old straps have really survived. All of those things have gone saggy.

-Eric
I have an old Chinon style hippie strap, The strap was built to last. It has real leather strap ends that are riveted to the actual strap, not stitched on. The strap appears to be made of a type of nylon faux looking cloth material that has not degraded a bit. The only issue with the strap is it has faded from years of exposure to the environment, The strap is an early 70's make. Yes, they use to make things to last at one point in time, and my strap is a perfect example. It's pictured in my last post, with the tubing on the clips.