Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2023, 04:55 PM   #1

Spotmatic SPII eyecups

Been looking at a eyecup for my Spotmatic SPII, everybody says something different in terms of fitment, are there any eyecups from other cameras that are a known good fit? To my knowledge a OEM one was never made.

Thank you - LB

01-14-2023, 09:37 PM   #2
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
imo, I never use the old eye cups. They get in the way of opening the film door - and that's enough for me not to want to use them.
01-15-2023, 10:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 71spotmatic2 Quote
Been looking at a eyecup for my Spotmatic SPII, everybody says something different in terms of fitment, are there any eyecups from other cameras that are a known good fit? To my knowledge a OEM one was never made.

Thank you - LB
The eyecup for the Spotmatics/M42 bodies have the same viewfinder size (overall a bit bigger) as the one for the K Series cameras. The eyecups came in different boxes, I have both the SP and K Series ones.

The eyecups that have a "M"on them are for the M Series and newer bodies and they will be too big.

This photo shows all three, M42/K/M rubber eyecups.

Phil.
Attached Images