Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2023, 09:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter

SP1000 rewind knob sitting slightly high

Hi - New-to-film guy here. Just acquired an SP1000 that seems to be in great condition, but there is one thing... The rewind crank knob seems to sit about 1mm up off its base when fully pressed down. A line of daylight can be seen under it when held up and viewed from the side. Its base on the top cover is relieved slightly, which leads me to believe the knob should come to rest down within the base, not above it. Viewed with strong light and magnification, I cannot see anything on the underside of the knob or on the top surface of the base inside the relief that would interfere with it. Have you seen this before, and if so, what should I do about it? Thanks.

01-27-2023, 10:04 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think is anything to be worried, variation in the camera production is not uncommon and that shouldn't allow any light into the body.
You might try screwing the rewind knob if it bothers you but the risk is larger than the benefit IMHO.

PS You made me look and yes there is a little gap between the rewind knob and the "rest" in my 3 SPotmatics
I'd say it is a fraction of a MM, and it is larger in the SP-F that has a different film reminder.

Last edited by titrisol; 01-27-2023 at 10:10 AM.
01-30-2023, 06:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by titrisol Quote
I don't think is anything to be worried, variation in the camera production is not uncommon and that shouldn't allow any light into the body.
You might try screwing the rewind knob if it bothers you but the risk is larger than the benefit IMHO.

PS You made me look and yes there is a little gap between the rewind knob and the "rest" in my 3 SPotmatics
I'd say it is a fraction of a MM, and it is larger in the SP-F that has a different film reminder.
Thnx titrisol
01-31-2023, 06:23 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think it is visible here