Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-04-2023, 12:43 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Does anyone know if a rubber eyecup is available for the Spotmatic F?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Dear Board,

I recently purchased a Spotmatic F and I was wondering if there might be a rubber eyecup available that would mount on the notches on the left and right sides of the standard viewfinder eyepiece?

I wear glasses and while I've never damaged them using older cameras I've grown accustomed to the newer digital cameras I own with the soft spongy eyecups.

If there is nothing available has anyone adapted something and if so, how did you do it?

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA

03-04-2023, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know if these replacements will work on your camera, but I use them on my K-1
Vello | Camera & Flash Accessories
03-04-2023, 12:57 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Eyecups for Canon Rebel DSLRs fit perfectly on K series and earlier cameras.

3x Eyepiece / Eyecup (Canon EF Replacement) for CANON Rebel DSLR Cameras | eBay
03-04-2023, 01:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Eyecups for Canon Rebel DSLRs fit perfectly on K series and earlier cameras.

3x Eyepiece / Eyecup (Canon EF Replacement) for CANON Rebel DSLR Cameras | eBay
Dear Boris,

Thanks for this information. I knew there had to be a workaround and I might just have a Canon Rebel eyecup laying around the house. If not $ 6.64 is a small price to pay!

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg PA