Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Ahh, Adaptalls. I wish I can share your joy with them, but unfortunately, the Adaptall I got from B&H (28-80 SP) had a sticky aperture and it's still being serviced as I type. Looks to be good investments, though, that's why I tried one.

Still, it's amazing how you can cite those general price ranges from memory. I'm a pretty young guy, but my memory isn't that sharp.
While my memory is pretty good, I actually keep a spread sheet on lenses of interest.

01-04-2009, 05:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
While my memory is pretty good, I actually keep a spread sheet on lenses of interest.
I think I should do that, too. Good tip.
01-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #18
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by McD Quote
Hi everyone, I don't shoot with Pentax anymore, but am helping a friend sell his older Pentax film gear that he doesnt use anymore.
You can get a second opinion and price quote here.
01-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #19
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
You can get a second opinion and price quote here.
I find it humorous (not necessarily in a bad way) that you come here to offer posts like these. do you do this at other brand specific forums or is the Pentax forums just that popular?

01-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I find it humorous (not necessarily in a bad way) that you come here to offer posts like these. do you do this at other brand specific forums or is the Pentax forums just that popular?
Adorama has a presence here as well and I think that is a good thing that they both do. I have heard that going to the Adorama and BH stores in New York is like the Disney and Bush Gardens of photography gear!
01-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very true, the Disney and Bush Gardens thing. I used to work down the block from B&H... it was fun but dangerous to the pocket book. Both companies provide excellent service by the way, and deserver their great reputations.
01-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Adorama has a presence here as well and I think that is a good thing that they both do. I have heard that going to the Adorama and BH stores in New York is like the Disney and Bush Gardens of photography gear!
Care to comment which one is Disney and which one is Bush Gardens?

I kid.

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Very true, the Disney and Bush Gardens thing. I used to work down the block from B&H... it was fun but dangerous to the pocket book. Both companies provide excellent service by the way, and deserver their great reputations.
I've certainly had good dealings with B&H. I'm looking to try Adorama (I have a related thread here). Here's hoping for a hassle-free transaction.

01-11-2009, 02:31 PM   #23
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
Thanks. It happens I subscribe to and regularly visit many forums. I have several hundred in my bookmarks folder. Some get visited daily, some weekly, and so on. I also have google's alerts set up for "B&H," and other relevant phrases.

Between my 20+ years experience as a full-time professional photographer and the access to equipment and industry resources my employment affords, I hope to be a useful contributor here and elsewhere.
01-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #24
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by henryp Quote
Thanks. It happens I subscribe to and regularly visit many forums. I have several hundred in my bookmarks folder. Some get visited daily, some weekly, and so on. I also have google's alerts set up for "B&H," and other relevant phrases.

Between my 20+ years experience as a full-time professional photographer and the access to equipment and industry resources my employment affords, I hope to be a useful contributor here and elsewhere.
that's good to know. it actually makes me happy to know that a trusted retailer is willing to 'reach out' so to speak. even to the Pentaxians.
01-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I kind of like seeing the big stores represent a little, here, myself. If I get to New York one of these days, I'd love to drop in for some serious bag and camera-support shopping.