Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

PZ1-P question

I know the camera has no troubles with any K mount lens but do you know if you can use the Takumars with it? I could just put on on but figured I would ask before getting frustrated if they dont. Also anyone know what settings you have to set the camera to in order for it to use Taks?

01-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I know the camera has no troubles with any K mount lens but do you know if you can use the Takumars with it? I could just put on on but figured I would ask before getting frustrated if they dont. Also anyone know what settings you have to set the camera to in order for it to use Taks?
Ask Lowell Gouge, to be sure, but I can't imagine a Pentax camera not at least accepting a Tak with M-42 adapter, and not allowing stop-down metering.
01-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i was looking at the manual and they take Taks but i dont know what settings to change to allow it sort of like the change you have to make on the DSLR to accept aperture lens. will send a pm to Lowell your right he would know if he has any Taks that is. want to see what the diffrence if between the Tak 85 1.9 and the FA77 1.8 are on film
01-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You don't need to make any settings on any film body (AFAIK) to allow use of M42 lenses. Just put the adapter on, then the lens; and you're good to go.

01-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ask Lowell Goudge EH?

To be honest, I have not tried my 35mm F2 M42 on my PZ-1, but I see no reason why it would not function like it does on my *istD.

It should meter correctly in manual and Apature priority mode, and work with TTL flash as well. All these modes are supported by the PZ-1. I have used the PZ-1 with my fill range of K lenses
01-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
well then i think its time to experiment then will put one of the Taks on the camera and see if its functional it should be
01-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
ask Lowell Gouge, eh? To be honest, I have not tried my 35mm F2 M42 on my PZ-1, but I see no reason why it would not function like it does on my *istD.

It should meter correctly in manual and Apature priority mode, and work with TTL flash as well. All these modes are supported by the PZ-1. I have used the PZ-1 with my fill range of K lenses
Well, you did once admonish me for leaving the PZ-1P off my list of all-time best Pentax cameras!!