Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2024, 06:20 PM   #1

Film Wind Button & Fast Rewind Button Stuck - Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic (1960's)

Hi all,

I'm new here! My name is Nicole & I'm a professional wedding photographer for a living. What started as a family hobby turned into my profession. That being said, without going into too much detail - after 16 years without my grandfather who started the passion with me, I finally opened his old camera bags. I found his Honeywell Pentax Spotmatic.

I cleaned it up and ordered film. I just followed the instructions to attempt to load some fresh film and noticed the quick rewind button on the bottom is stuck pressed in as well as the wind lever will hardly move. This camera is so incredibly important to me. I'm hoping someone has a fix or can refer me to someone they trust and love to possibly repair the camera. I am NW of Chicago about 45 minutes. Any help is appreciated as I go wipe more tears 🥺🥺

Happy Sunday!

02-11-2024, 07:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not to worry

A good CLA fix it
02-12-2024, 09:28 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum!

Eric can CLA your Spotmatic, here is his website:

Pentax Camera Repairs

Phil.
02-12-2024, 09:33 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Welcome to the forum!

Eric can CLA your Spotmatic, here is his website:

Pentax Camera Repairs

Phil.
THANK YOU!! I'll reach out to him. I saw his name in a ton of threads on this forum before joining. Appreciate the referral!