Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd be worried about salt water!

08-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I'd be worried about salt water!
you know. That is a good point. Saltwater corrosion...eek, well since that day, I did shoot 2 rolls, but it can't hurt to give it a cleaning.
08-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #18
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Weather proof or not, My new to me ME-F got a good bath and kept on ticking...What can really go bad in an slr?
in an all mechanical? the shutter curtain if its cloth. in an ME F? all sorts of electronics. though as suggested. saltwater corrosion is your biggest fear.

I used my K110D at the beach everyday for a year and a half when I lived on Tybee Island. (GA) its certainly not weather resistant and with a mild cleaning every day or other day it still works like new. I would always be more worried about the lens than the body.
08-20-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
I second that. My PZ-1p has been in the rain a bunch of times (although not for long periods of time) and it was not affected.

Consider yourself lucky. The (P)Z-1(p) is the least weather sealed Pentax of all times. It is wide open at both dials. This is somewhat ironic as the Z-1 was originally designed weather sealed, so were the FA* lenses, but Pentax marketing department chickened out fearing too many drowned camera and lenses from users that didn't know the difference between weather sealed and waterproof. Another lost opportunity...

08-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Consider yourself lucky. The (P)Z-1(p) is the least weather sealed Pentax of all times. It is wide open at both dials. This is somewhat ironic as the Z-1 was originally designed weather sealed, so were the FA* lenses, but Pentax marketing department chickened out fearing too many drowned camera and lenses from users that didn't know the difference between weather sealed and waterproof. Another lost opportunity...
Wow, could have been cool if the FA* were sealed