Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #31
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Too bad I forgot the stop time...

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

This one was on my watch list and I was going to suggest it to the OP, but the reminder got stuck in the spam filter and I thought it would not be over until sometime around midnight.

This one would have been a goody for the OP:
Ricoh XR-2s; XR Rikenon 50mm f/1.7; Case. MINT - eBay (item 190280736133 end time Jan-23-09 16:04:32 PST)
This camera was at auction about four weeks ago and was pulled at the last minute because the seller wanted it to have fresh seals and a minor CLA done. I traded several messages with him (he is a real Ricoh fan) and the camera was verified as being "as new". The original bidding was at about $80 when it was pulled.

Steve

($28.56...Kicking myself firmly in the backside...again...again...again...)

01-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #32

Original Poster
Wow, thank you all so much for all the suggestions and advice. You've been overwhelmingly helpful! Now I know where I can come for any advice about anything cameras.

All of the suggestions were appreciated, and I read through the thread several times, researching the majority of the cameras recommended. However, I decided to go with a camera that didn't receive much attention in this thread: A ZX-10 offered to me by WJW. The camera seemed nice for my needs, and with my rushed situation, he's able to get it to me by Monday, something that is very important at this point. Plus, the lenses for that camera will work nicely with my K200D, and vice versa, so it's a plus to be able to use my lenses on either camera.

But I've learned a little about Pentax film cameras today, so for that I thank you all. If I find film photography particularly interesting, perhaps I'll invest in another one of your many suggestions later down the road.

Thank you all once again! You've been extremely helpful.
01-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deis Quote
Wow, thank you all so much for all the suggestions and advice. You've been overwhelmingly helpful! Now I know where I can come for any advice about anything cameras.

All of the suggestions were appreciated, and I read through the thread several times, researching the majority of the cameras recommended. However, I decided to go with a camera that didn't receive much attention in this thread: A ZX-10 offered to me by WJW. The camera seemed nice for my needs, and with my rushed situation, he's able to get it to me by Monday, something that is very important at this point. Plus, the lenses for that camera will work nicely with my K200D, and vice versa, so it's a plus to be able to use my lenses on either camera.

But I've learned a little about Pentax film cameras today, so for that I thank you all. If I find film photography particularly interesting, perhaps I'll invest in another one of your many suggestions later down the road.

Thank you all once again! You've been extremely helpful.
That ZX-10 will serve you well, I'm sure, especially more so since you got it from a forum member. Us photo-nuts here take good care of our equipment, that's for sure. I hope you do get into photography as a hobby and join us here more.
01-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #34
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Well GraphicGr8s knows a guy. A guy in Tampa does my camera repair. He's done my SRT101, K1000 and my Mamiya XE-2 Quartz. When funds allow I will have him look at my DTL1000. The wind is slipping but otherwise fully works. Got it on flebay a couple years ago. Came recommended from a buddy who has about 2000 cameras now.

GraphicGr8s, would you PM me with the name and contact for the guy in Tampa, please. I have a friend in Jacksonville who has a Canon needing a CLA.

Thanks,
CW

01-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Excellent choice, I have one also. A great little camera, setting manual exposure is very cool (though you need an aperture ring to really do it) Good luck with the class!