Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
St. Louis Area Members - Sightseeing Screwmount gathering

All St. Louis Area Pentaxians - especially members of the St. Louis Area Group - the Sightseeing Screwmount (https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/45892-sightseeing-screwmount.html) - Seaain Gray's (woof) traveling Pentax early model SV with 55/1.8 - will stop in St. Louis sometime in the next 4 - 6 weeks.

I am organizing a gathering at a location to be selected by the Group (maybe start and end at the Boat House in Forest Park or Soulard Market) for photographing, adult beverages and especially shooting a few rolls with the SV.

This is the first time a traveling lens or camera has been used by a Group - let's see if we can make this work!!

I have on hand TMAX 100 and Tri-X 400 - and 4 rolls 24 Kodachrome 64 - or make a suggestion - and we could each take a shot or two, or you can bring and develop your own.

I will post up all the images to my pbase site and we can select a few images each and post them to the Flickr site before the camera moves to the next user.

If you would like to be part of this day, please PM me or join the St. Louis Group and post to the discussion thread.

LIST
monochrome
Stratman
user440

Last edited by monochrome; 05-30-2009 at 04:54 PM.
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Bump for St. Louis Pentaxians
02-13-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm in !
02-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
I'm in !
Geeat!!

(Somebody finally saw it)

P.S. bring your Spotmatic -

02-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Well, I have no Spotmatic, but I may be able to talk my pop into letting me use his ( he has 2 ) An SP 500 I believe, and a Spotmatic F ( if i remember correctly )

Do we have any idea when this meet up will happen?
02-13-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Depends on how fast the camera moves - at this rate looks to be late spring. Click the link above to see where it is now.
02-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Late spring is goooooood, Hopefully there will be some nice blooms to shoot ! By the way, I have a question regarding using Taks on a K Mount fully manual camera. I want to know if metering is reliable on say, a K1000 if you use an M42 lens on it? I have two old Ricohs ( KR-5, and KR-5 super ) That are basically K1000 clones, and am wanting to try using my Taks on them, to check the results. These have a light needle, and another bar attached to the shutter speed, set the shutter speed so the light needle, and shutter needle align, and you have correct exposure.

02-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Count me in.
02-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here's the list from Woof's thread, a/o 2/14/2009. The camera seems to move about once every two weeks. We should have it between three and 4 months from no - between Memorial Day and Indepence Day.

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (camera in hand)
Ratmagiclady
séamuis
blue
ryan s
konraDarnok
stevebrot
St. Louis Area Group (monochrome)
sasquatch
sein06231
02-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Here's the list from Woof's thread, a/o 2/14/2009. The camera seems to move about once every two weeks. We should have it between three and 4 months from no - between Memorial Day and Indepence Day.

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (camera in hand)
Ratmagiclady
séamuis
blue
ryan s
konraDarnok
stevebrot
sasquatch
sein06231
Monochrome, if that is too far out in the future I might be able to get a package out to you. I was thinking about adding another camera to the circulation...

woof
02-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Monochrome, if that is too far out in the future I might be able to get a package out to you. I was thinking about adding another camera to the circulation...

woof
Thanks Seaain. I'm still putting the group together.

Weather here is chancy until early-May, anyway (although Spring can be wonderful) and there is a thread running through responders against just shooting more flowers. We want to shoot things that are decidedly "St. Louis" and share the images with everyone here.

For the time being let's just let this play out the way it plays - waiting one's turn (in my view) is part of the fun! (unless the group disagrees.

If we need to ask for one of your other fine, historic cameras I'll be in touch.
04-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Really looking forward to this !
04-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

Stevopedia (completed)
felix68 (camera in hand)
Ratmagiclady
séamuis
blue
ryan s
konraDarnok
stevebrot
sasquatch
sein06231
I believe the camera is now with séamuis. That means it should be 6 - 10 weeks out, at this rate. I will start assembling the St. Louis Users by doing a Member Search. Missouri is a bit harder - if I do a search on "MO" I get every location that has those two letters in it (MOntana, MOssberg, KY) and I have to look at every Profile and write the ID's down separately. Then there is a ten-member liimit for multiple PM's.

When it is close I'll start bumping this thread.
05-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
About 4 weeks out.

Looks like we are in the batter's box on the SV - we should get it around the last week of June or the first week of July. That being the case, we need to make up the group and decide where to shoot.

Suggestion made is somewhere actually unique to St. Louis, such as Soulard Market, rather than just another Park.

Please reply to this thread or send me PM's - if you reply the thread will stay bumped.

Paul