Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #1

ZX-5n Stuck Mirror Question

Hello,

I think I have a ZX-5n with a common stuck mirror problem. (When pressing the shutter, the mirror goes up but doesn't come down. A whining noise can be heard.)

My question: Is there any info/guides on repairing this problem and obtaining parts?
I tried searching around, but couldn't find anything specific.

I would like to fix it myself (if I can get the part and maybe a repair manual).

Thanks,
Tim.

03-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Check out this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/39450-mz5n-mir...ce-manual.html

ZX-5n is the same as MZ-5n but w/ a different name.

Good luck.
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, Frank.
Someone mentioned in that thread that they had a service manual. Maybe I'll be able to get some info.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
mirror, question, zx-5n