Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wow that's a beauty...the camera too!

04-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #47

mint Superprogram or ME F decision

Hi folks. I was lucky enough to purchase these today (pics are from the seller) at a very reasonable price with other lenses, including a Vivitar 28mm f2 (one for the 28 thread). All the items were mint. The two lenses shown are the A 50 f1.4 and the M 50 f1.4. Normally I'm not one to show off, yet I couldn't resist this opportunity.

I have a K20D, but as you can see in my signature, my lens selection has gone retro. So part of me was bound to get CBA sooner or later. My manual body experience is with an old Minolta and the Canon A-1, and I frequently wish I hadn't sold the latter a few years ago when I went to a quality Sony digital P&S. When I yearned for a DSLR, I couldn't resist the K10D for what it offered. And I knew in the back of my mind all those legacy lenses would take me back to film sooner or later. Thus here I am.

I've garnered a Spotmatic and K1000 as most people do.....with a desired lens. .........and now I'll have the newer models. I should probably keep only one. I guess the Superprogram has its advantages with the full A capability. I can add the ME II winder off the ME F and have a nice setup. Would anyone with experience have words of wisdom outside of what I've learned in reading the specs? And would there be a suggested accessory to help the cause? I suspect the eyepiece magnifier might be helpful.

Anyway.....enjoy the images and kind thanks for any input........ Paul

04-16-2009, 10:00 PM   #48
Inactive Account

That is a tough call. I have the Super Program and did look at a MX, ME Super & ME-F as well. Because of visual and physical condition inside and out I went with the Super Program.

Feature-wise look here for the comparison between the two;

ME-F:
ME*F

Super Program:
superA*/<BR>superPROGRAM

-