Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #16
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
The only camera that has similarities to the K2 is the Mamiya NC1000 and NC100s.

Mamiya NC1000 35mm cameras

The KX is a great camera, but really is a different beast than the K2. The NC1000 is a lot like the K2 and KX but only smaller.
that mamiya is a gorgeous.

04-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
that mamiya is a gorgeous.
They are one of the best kept secretes in 35mm photography. They are in limited supply but are affordable.
04-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
What do you like your K2 so far? Is it the version without the exposure time in the viewfinder, and if so, do you miss it a lot? How precise is the apperture priority automatic? And do you find that you use this a lot (and if so, do you use the exposure compensation?), or do you prefere to run it manual like the KX?
Douglas: My K2 DMD is still in the shop having a CLA, so I can't answer yet how I like the camera - but I am certain I will enjoy using it.

The K2 DMD has the Judas window like the KX to view the aperture setting; match-needle metering (you can see the shutter speed when shooting manual); a color indication when you have exposure compensation set; stepless automatic shutter (a big benefit) and split-image focusing screen, among other things.

I also have a black KX that is my main film camera (I play around with an MESuper and a Spotmatic F from time to time). I shot a roll of TMAX through the KX this weekend on a visit to my son at his college.

I might have enjoyed using the Av Auto for this outing to reduce the "C'mon, Dad!!" moments

I'm going to assert that each camera has its compliments and detriments and I will like them both, preferring neither over the other. I'll probably use the KX more often because I have used it since 1977; but the K2 I should probably use for really technically challenging shots and color negative landscape - I also have the end of the Kodachrome (4 rolls) in the crisper and that will likely go through the K2.
04-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm pretty late to this thread with not much to add except to say that my K2 has served me well for many years. Great film camera.

Tom G