Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Problem with MV1 shutter curtain

Hello,

My old MV1 has develop a problem. The shutter curtain does not close completely. It stays partially open. If I gently move it down it closes and the mirror comes back down and the rewinder lever lock is released. Everything else seems to be working just fine.
I know I can send it for repair, but I want to see if there is anything I can do. I'm not sure I want to spend $100 in fixing a camera that is rarely used. This camera is my backup for my trusty K1000, which is now the backup for the K100D.

Here is a picture after pressing the shutter release button.

Also, when it is coming up with the rewinder, I see a little slit between both curtains. Not sure but I think they should overlap a bit. If I rewind very slowly then it seems to be overlapping ok.

Any suggestion? Any recommended locations to send it?

Thanks,

04-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
DK enough to make a recommendation. We have a Camera Repair and Maintenance Links section. You will find Pentax Camera Service - Eric Hendrickson. He wille evaluate the repair and estimate the cost (as wella s completely clean, lubricate and adjust the camera) for free and if you decline send it back to you for free. You are out only one-way postage to Tennessee.

Go to Home Page >> Links >> Camera Repair and Maintenance
04-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks!
Great resource. I'll check it out.

Thanks,