Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #76
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
Steve, you got far better results than I did. I am surprised that target charged more money than costco.

I wonder how ektar would do in a landscapers hands. Likely very well.
Landscape has traditionally been my main interest and I was pretty disappointed with the landscape shots from my last several Costco-processed rolls. The good results from this last roll have me itching to go out and shoot some mountains, lakes, rivers, and stuff.

Steve

05-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Landscape has traditionally been my main interest and I was pretty disappointed with the landscape shots from my last several Costco-processed rolls. The good results from this last roll have me itching to go out and shoot some mountains, lakes, rivers, and stuff.

Steve
Oh, yea. That would be great. Since I am more of a people shooter and judging by others Ektar images, it seems like it does NOT make a good people film. However, in looking at the flowers you shot and the ''POP'' you got from there, leads me to believe that for the nature shooter, this may be the ticket.
06-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #78
Inactive Account

Thanks for the comparison Javier. The Reds are definitely out of control in some of your shots and would give me pause about using it in the future. My results aren't quite as damning, I'd say it's a little like Velvia 50.

I don't have a smaller format film camera to shoot this film anymore, but I borrowed my dads F100 with 50mm 1.8D for a few test snapshots. These were shot @ f3.2 or less with the film rated at ISO100. I'd definitely shoot this at 50 or 64 in the future, that would probably tone down the red saturation a bit too.

I think this makes a good general film... assuming you don't generally shoot people . The skin tones are definitely too rosey, and I'm not a huge fan of the greens, but those can be changed slightly in post. These scans were done by me on my Creo/Scitex Jazz+ flatbed. They've had very minimal post work done... just a little levels adjustment, desaturated the reds -5 to -10, and very minimal capture sharpening.

So yeah, not incredibly flattering for portraits, but super fine grain and can make great large enlargements.

3175PPI 35mm

Last edited by Vertex Ninja; 06-16-2009 at 06:14 PM.
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #79
Forum Member

Thank you to everyone for the pictures and results.

Last edited by HarryN; 07-22-2009 at 09:20 PM.