Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #526
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a ZX-L (Americanized MZ-6) to me.

03-08-2010, 05:55 AM   #527
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
^^
what camera is that gene..? the second from the left..the autofocus one.. i failed to recognize..

The autofocus is a ZX-L. The name plate is in the shadow next to the MX.

That body is probably the biggest bargain right now--about $55 in great shape. It is a bit plasticky and the Pentax Function menu is a tad clumsy, but it uses all the lenses and flashes well from the manual through the digital eras.
03-08-2010, 05:56 AM   #528
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
Looks like a ZX-L (Americanized MZ-6) to me.
We have a winner! It's more obvious in this downsized crop of a different neg (scan needs some spotting).
Attached Images

Last edited by GeneV; 03-08-2010 at 07:43 AM.
03-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #529
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm still older ...

The SP500 is in what i would call near mint; i really don't want to use it at all, the K2 needed some cleaning on the lens and some canned air everywhere, bits and pieces are jiggly but in working condition, this one might not last too long ...looking for the MZ5n to come hopefully tomorrow. All i need now are screw lenses hopefully as nice as the SP's

btw, the SP's lens cap is the first time i've ever owned one that's metal!!!! I'm trying my best to avoid eBay and get lenses locally first or from here.

03-09-2010, 03:53 AM   #530
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The autofocus is a ZX-L. The name plate is in the shadow next to the MX.

That body is probably the biggest bargain right now--about $55 in great shape. It is a bit plasticky and the Pentax Function menu is a tad clumsy, but it uses all the lenses and flashes well from the manual through the digital eras.
ouw.. i though it was MZ60.. my knowledge about MZ series is very limited..

---

if we looking at your scanned image, seem like Pentax and panasonic using similar "L" symbol..

http://www.tangotools.com/panasonic/jsw_fz10.jpg

Last edited by fearview; 03-09-2010 at 04:05 AM.
03-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #531
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
ouw.. i though it was MZ60.. my knowledge about MZ series is very limited.. ---

if we looking at your scanned image, seem like Pentax and panasonic using similar "L" symbol..
You are right about the logo. I wonder if those are for two different markets. The ZX-L is only for North America.

My knowledge of all the Pentax AF film cameras was very limited as well. I bought this one used fairly recently as an inexpensive way to try to use some of my Digital lenses on film. My manual cameras could not use a lens without an aperture ring. I have liked this body much more than I thought I would. It correctly meters with M lenses, and uses both wireless flash with the AF540FGZ and TTL with the AF400T. It has worked out as a great transition body, and came in very handy while my LX was getting a rejuvenation.
04-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #532
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The latest addition to my “K” series film body collection.

It arrived from Austria before the “ash cloud” struck.

Attached Images

04-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #533
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote

Very nice, Phil! A Brother in Arms.
04-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #534
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Very nice, Phil! A Brother in Arms.
You guys and your DMD bodies. At least I have a black K2 and a chrome one I got from some dude out in Missourah. The K2 is my favorite mf film body.
04-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #535
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Monochrome: Very nice, Phil! A Brother in Arms.
Thanks Paul, I'm looking forward to trying it out and comparing it to the K2.

QuoteQuote:
Blue: You guys and your DMD bodies. At least I have a black K2 and a chrome one I got from some dude out in Missourah. The K2 is my favorite mf film body.
Agreed, the K2 is an amazing camera. As much as I love my old KX, the K2 is my most used body now. I’ve also completely forgotten about the ASA ring and setting it is just automatic now.

Phil
04-24-2010, 02:28 AM   #536
Veteran Member

@gofour3

beautiful. i have k2, and its really joyfull to use.

04-24-2010, 03:36 AM   #537

hmmm, i think i saw that one, did you buy it in Leicashop?
04-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #538
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vsl3-e Quote
hmmm, i think i saw that one, did you buy it in Leicashop?
Yes this is my first camera body that I have purchased from “The LeicaShop”. I’ve bought three Pentax K series lenses from them and they are good to deal with. A bit pricy like most “bricks and mortar” camera stores, but at least you have someone to turn to if you have a problem. They did a servicing of the camera before they sent it, so everything looks good so far in my initial tests and the ASA ring does move correctly. Of course the first roll of film will be the ultimate indicator of any issues.

The body is also very clean with just a couple minor marks on the bottom plate. For some reason most of the K2DMDs you see on eBay look like they were seriously abused by the original owners. Including the one someone was selling that was supposed to be previously owned by “NASA”.

Phil
04-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #539
Veteran Member

Yes this is my first camera body that I have purchased from “The LeicaShop”. I’ve bought three Pentax K series lenses from them and they are good to deal with. A bit pricy like most “bricks and mortar” camera stores, but at least you have someone to turn to if you have a problem. They did a servicing of the camera before they sent it, so everything looks good so far in my initial tests and the ASA ring does move correctly. Of course the first roll of film will be the ultimate indicator of any issues.

The body is also very clean with just a couple minor marks on the bottom plate. For some reason most of the K2DMDs you see on eBay look like they were seriously abused by the original owners. Including the one someone was selling that was supposed to be previously owned by “NASA”.

Phil
That looks like a fun store for film lovers.
04-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #540
Forum Member

My main body. Pentax Super Program with Motor Drive A, SMC-K 17/4 and Dial Data M. My main flash is a AF200T (not in picture).
Attached Images