Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 775 Likes Search this Thread
04-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #1636
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice, looks like SV is dressed up wearing a corsage and ready for it's prom night.

Phil.
I think it is the chaperone...

Steve

04-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #1637
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Notice that the aperture ring on the Super-Takumar 55/1.8 is numbered in the reverse direction of later models. F/1.8 is on the far left. I thought at first that I might have purchased some sort of Frankenlens (body of the earlier 2nd version Auto-Takumar with a bezel from a Super-Tak), but a quick bit of Google work yielded several images of similar construction. I guess I should ask Adam to update the PF lens review database to add this variant.

Whether this is an very early transitional Super-Tak or some sort of throw-back is anyone's guess.

I also got a Super-Tak 28/3.5 to go with the SV. When I made my purchase, I was unaware that there are TWO versions of the 28/3.5. One is compact with 49mm filter threads like the one that I totally enjoyed on the Sightseer. The other is much more "substantial" with 58mm filter threads.
Just take a look at the size of that front element! I am a bit concerned, however about the 28/3.5. I was unable to get consistently good results during a little shooting earlier today on the K10D. The lens is free of fungus and the glass is clear except for a few cleaning marks on the rear and one of the inner elements (yes, it apparently had been "serviced" at some point...marks on the rear element retainer support the notion). I am hoping that I was simply missing focus or some such.

Steve
Steve,
Yes there was an early 1.8 Supertak with reversed aperture ring. I bought a very early SV (made before they were exported) and it also has a lens like this.
I also have a 28/3.5 with the 58mm front size. I've had very good results from it. If yours is obviously soft you might have Eric take a look at it.
04-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #1638
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TomB_tx Quote
Yes there was an early 1.8 Supertak with reversed aperture ring. I bought a very early SV (made before they were exported) and it also has a lens like this.
Thanks for the information. That is what I figured. My SV is a later model (red R), but I like the thought of it wearing the early lens. As for the 28/3.5...I am still not sure what is happening there. I need some time with good light.

Steve
04-16-2012, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #1639

Photos: Albums
I just finished giving this camera some color with blue leatherette

04-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #1640
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kaufeetime Quote
Now that is one bright camera!!!

Steve
04-17-2012, 12:45 AM   #1641

You guys don't have to show me these things or I'll hack my ME super as well!

Blue is seriously nice on the silver frame. Ace choice Kaufeetime (your nickname reminded me to go and have a nice cuppa, eheh)!!!
04-17-2012, 03:02 AM   #1642
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Bright but I like it! K.

04-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #1643

MG with major Bling ! Maybe it will help me take colorful and unique photographs.
04-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #1644
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Thanks for the information. That is what I figured. My SV is a later model (red R), but I like the thought of it wearing the early lens. As for the 28/3.5...I am still not sure what is happening there. I need some time with good light.Steve
I also have an S1a (green R) with a reversed aperture ring on a Super-Tak 55/1.8 (and a 58mm diameter 28/3.5), sorry it's only quick shot:

04-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #1645
Veteran Member

Once upon a time I gave my Fiancee a camera exactly like this, blue leatherette and all. The MG kit and the ME super kit are very similar, except for the back panel. DId you have the back panel cut special or did you just order a sheet and do it yourself?

Unfortunately her MG gave up, but she has a blue-leatherette ME Super now When I found out the ME super kit didn't quite fit the MG, I had Morgan make up a new kit instead of just the one piece (was only $6 more), then found an ME Super to do the conversion on.
04-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #1646
Veteran Member

I almost bought more Pentax gear today but resisted the temptation at the last second. The junk room at Fujiya Camera always has a lot of old Pentax bodies and many of them have mechanical problems, and most of them are silver. Today I found a black SP in very nice exterior condition with no brassing or dents. The VF looked clean. The shutter may have been a little slow at 1s but not bad at all. The curtain was clean... At $35 I was tempted. And then I found a clean SMC 50/1.4 (not the rubber grip model but one before that with the metal focus ring). The glass was pretty clean although I didn't have a flash light. Everything looked good and the yellowing was minimal. It too was $35. I was on the brink of dropping $70 but then told myself to stop. I already own three SP bodies and two 50/1.4 lenses. Enough is enough, right...

In hind sight I kinda with I had gone for at least one or the other. Oh well.
04-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #1647

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Once upon a time I gave my Fiancee a camera exactly like this, blue leatherette and all. The MG kit and the ME super kit are very similar, except for the back panel. DId you have the back panel cut special or did you just order a sheet and do it yourself?
Morgan special cut the material. When I was finished, I was surprised how easy replacing the leather is.
04-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #1648
Veteran Member

MEsuper in orange and MG in purple

Just picked up after having lightseals replaced and bodies recovered
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-x  Photo 
04-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #1649
Veteran Member

Love that blue!!
04-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #1650
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveHolmes Quote
Just picked up after having lightseals replaced and bodies recovered
Yes the blue is nice but the black and orange is striking!