Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Focusing Screens of K1000 and KX the Same??

I have a K1000 with a split-prism focusing screen, but I really would rather have that in my KX . Can the screens between these two cameras be interchanged?

04-23-2009, 04:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've actually wondered about the same thing. Seeing as the viewfinder magnification and body dimensions seem to be the same I expect the screens are very similar but I haven't felt like taking the tops off of both cameras just to check. I believe that the prism needs to be removed in order to get to the screen on either body.
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Being that there are multiple versions of the K1000 with several different types of construction, I would have to guess that the answer to your question is "maybe".

Steve
04-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Split-Prism on KX

QuoteOriginally posted by lawsonstone Quote
I have a K1000 with a split-prism focusing screen, but I really would rather have that in my KX . Can the screens between these two cameras be interchanged?
While I cannot answer your question with authority, I do know that the split prism screen was a factory option on the KX - or you could send your existing camera in to Pentax and have it modified with the spilt prism.

You might ask Eric Hendrickson by email if:
  • The change is possible
  • If he could do it
  • What it would cost
mailto:Pentax27@aol.com